Sunday, August 21, 2011

Ok, So It's Been A While

Well, if you haven't already guessed, I'm back to work and that explains the total lack of postings for the past two weeks.  I'm not going to throw a pity party or anything, but if you haven't figured this out - it is really hard to have two parents working (I can't imagine being a single parent) and children at home.  We leave the house at 6:30 in the morning and I usually don't get home until 4:30 or 5:00 and by then I am exhausted!!!!!  But that can't be the end of the day, there are still baths to give, homework to do, lunches to make and God forbid my own homework to prepare for class the next day.  Oops I forgot, we have to have dinner in there too.  All that being said, I am so thankful for the time that I have off.  I know I am a very lucky working mommy, in that I only have to work 187 days a year and many people work somewhere around 260 (I think).  For the most part, if my kids are off so am I and aside from not working outside the home at all, that is a pretty sweet deal. 

 My youngest, "A", also started kindergarten :).  Fun times!!!!  So here are some pictures of our first day of school:
Sadly, this was the best picture I could get.  Check out those silly faces they are making!!!
 
"A's" first day of kindergarten, he is so big!!!



"C's" first day of second grade.




After taking quite a few of unsuccessful pictures we headed to DQ for our first day of school breakfast.  C had pancakes, his favorite, and A had his favorite, sausage biscuits!!!!  Then they headed off to school and had a fabulous day :).  We are thankful for the wonderful teachers they each were assigned, especially A's because we really wanted him to have the same AWESOME teacher C had and he does!


I have so much more to tell you....I have not been very frugal as of late, but it will have to wait.  Thanks for staying with me and I will try to be better about posting in the coming weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment