Thursday, August 25, 2011

CVS & Walgreens Trips

My favorite part of Christmas (well the gift giving part of Christmas) is stockings.  When I was a little kid my mom knitted my brother and I these HUGE stockings.  They were HUGE to begin with, but they also stretched to way beyond our height!  It was awesome.  I would wake up early and rush to get my stocking, which we were allowed to open before everyone else got up.  It would be filled with all kinds of stuff, from underwear and socks to nail polish or books.  All of it was little stuff, but I loved every bit of and usually more than any of my presents.  It was just fun stuff. 

Fastforward many years and I am now one of the people responsible for filling stockings and unfortunately times have gotten a bit tougher.  We are all tight on money.  A couple of years ago we decided we would just do stockings for the kids.  It made me so sad, it still makes me sad because stockings are still my favorite part.  So, in keeping with my new "frugal fashion" I have been saving all of my drugstore/grocery store free stuff to create stockings for the adults.  I have so much and a suprisingly wide range of items.  I will have to show you sometime soon.  But the reason I am telling you all of this stuff is to say that I have been so disappointed in what the drugstores have had on sale lately.  It seems like all I can add lately are toothbrushes and toothpaste and I "gotta"  tell you I already have plenty of them.  So I have been abstaining from many of the drugstores' deals lately and just buying the things we need in terms of groceries.  That is what I did this week and I'm pretty excited about how it turned out:



Ignore my dirty counters, please :)
CVS
2 BB Solid White Tuna$3.00$1 coupon
Lipstick$6.99$3 coupon
$6 in Register Rewards
Total Spent$0.41(tax only baby!!!)
Total Saved$12.48
Total Coupons$10.00
RR earned $5.00
Walgreens
5 cans Solid White Tuna$4.95Walgreens coupon
Notebook$0.15Walgreens Coupon
Total Spent$5.11
Total Saved$5.04
Total Coupons$5.04


No comments:

Post a Comment