Monday, June 6, 2011

Yard Sale Fun


So I got to go yard saleing (is that how you spell it!?!) yesterday and I had so much fun getting great deals on kids clothes.  I think because I have spent so much time the past several years trying to conserve money that I can only spend it on practical things, like clothes.  It doesn't matter that my kids are now getting so many clothes that it is no longer practical.  The fact that I can sell these clothes later and get money back somehow makes it practical in my mind.   Don't worry, I know it really makes no sense, but it is the way my mind works.

Well anyway, I hit the jackpot in terms of kids clothes.  We discovered three great yard sales that all had nice clothes that were reasonably priced.  The first and second had T.O.N.S. of name brand clothes and most of them (at least the ones that I bought) were reasonably priced.  I could really care less about what name is on the tag, but I have realized that when you go to resell them, it does matter.  I paid less than three dollars for every single item (the average was less than a $1) and most of the time they were cheaper than what I would pay at Goodwill, which is $1.50.  The third yard sale did not have as nice of clothes, but they were only .25.  Wow, I wish we had stopped there first.

In the end I spent $42 and I purchased 51 items.  Almost every single one of these items was name brand including Children's Place, Nike, Polo and Gap.  All are in excellent condition and most will be worn by both children!!!!  That is a pretty good day of yard saleing in my book :)!

These were each .25.  They won't fit my kids, but I will sell them at the consignment shop and probably make - hold your breath here - a whopping dollar or if I'm lucky dollar and a half each.  If this is what yard sales typically have to offer I have even entertained the idea of buying clothes at yard sales and selling them on e-bay.  Has anyone had any experience with this?  I would love to hear about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment