Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Summer Goals

As an educator I have two wonderful months off.  When I was student I remember how much I needed this time off to recharge and now as a teacher I can still testify to how much I need this time to refocus, actually get some things done and enjoy life.  So what are my plans for these wonderful two months (actually less than that now :(.  Well, part of the problem is that I have not quite determined these, so here is a rough draft.
  • Create and abide by a schedule for the kids and myself.  Please don't ask what the schedule is, I really haven't gotten there yet!!!! 
  • Exercise and run a 5k in July, Aug, & Sept.  I have never done the one in July.  The heat has always discouraged me, but I'm going to do it anyway this year. 
  • Tackle one house project.  I'm not quite sure what it will be: maybe paint the bedroom, maybe paint the bathroom, or maybe something else.
  • Read with the kids on a regular basis.  This will be part of our schedule.
  • Do at least one fun thing with the kids a week.
  • Set up a new website for my classes.
  • Read some good books - some for fun and some for educational/self improvement purposes.
  • Nurture my tomato plants and plant a fall garden with lettuce.
  • Learn how to create a "hot house".  I'm not sure that is the right term, but what I want is something like a tiny greenhouse that will allow me to grow lettuce and spinach into the colder months. 
  • Set up a new budget.
  • Make homemade yogurt.
  • ENJOY LIFE!!!!!!  ENJOY LIFE!!!!!  ENJOY LIFE!!!!!
This will likely be a living document with regular changes, but I think that is it for right now.  Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Try the recipe on www.thefrugalgirl.com for your homemade yogurt. Sounds a little overwhelming but first but it is a breeze and SO amazing. I can't eat any other yogurt now.
    Still loving your blog!
    Blessings, Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Becky! That is likely exactly what I will do. I am a little scared b/c it does seem overwhelming and I am a little worried about what type of milk to use. We drink organic, but I have heard that this is not recommended for yogurt making. Do you know anything about this? Thanks for the encouragement. It truly helps to keep me going.

    ReplyDelete