Monday, September 26, 2011

Cleanse Day 2

So, a little about the cleanse I am doing...

It is based on the book Cleanse by Alejandro Junger who is a cardiologist.  He advocates a whole foods diet with a majority of it being raw.  For two meals a deal I have a smoothie and for the other I have a regular meal.  There are plenty of foods that I must avoid: grapes, oranges, strawberries, bananas, red meat, dairy products, wheat, sugar, etc. 

But the moral of the precleanse is I have had so much E.N.E.R.G.Y it is amazing.  I have always had an obsession with sweets, but it is gone.  I made cookies on Saturday, they are now gone, but I did not eat a single one on Sunday or Monday (I didn't eat them all on Saturday either). I have been able to adhere to the guidelines quite well, if I do say so myself.  The one exception is that I need more food than the smoothie recipes call for.  Since snacking is allowed, I have just been adding some more fruit or veggies into the smoothie. 

Well, that is my update for today, I now have to go clean up the mess I made with my dinner :). 

No comments:

Post a Comment