Friday, March 2, 2012

Food Waste Friday 3/2

On Wednesday July 6, 2011 I decided to finally join The Frugal Girl and begin TRULY attempting to reduce our family's food waste and in the spirit of Mom's Plans I am guesstimating how much the food waste cost our family. 

It was not a bad week around here in terms of food waste.  I ended up composting some parsnips (free.  I got them from volunteering for my CSA.), half of a lemon (.25) and one mushy cucumber (.50).  All of this will go in the compost bin.  I sure do wish it had been nothing, but overall I guess this isn't bad.  If you know any recipes that call for parsnips that cover their sweet taste I would love to hear it.  I just am not big on sweet vegetables.  I love me some chocolate, but please don't make my veggies sweet, I just can't take it.  How did you do this week?

1 comment:

  1. I don't like the texture of parsnips, so I can't help you. Looks like you had a pretty good week.

    ReplyDelete